The Eco Council is run by Primary 5 and are planning to run an Eco week in Term 3. As a school we achieved our Green Flag in 2016.
Each term someone new gets to be the Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary.
Our long-term aim is to continue to keep our school an eco-friendly environment
We will achieve this by:
- assigning litter monitors
- making posters about dog waste
- organising the green flag to go up
- planning and organising an eco action day
- ensuring classes are turning off computers each night
- making something out of recycled materials for the playground
- setting up a recycling centre in school for ink, batteries and old phones
- writing letters to the council to request cycle paths for main road of the village
- reducing paper towel wastage